September 21, 2009

Kristin & Shelby...the wedding

It's was just over a year ago that Kristin emailed me to say that she had become recently engaged and was looking for the perfect wedding planner to assist her and her fiance with creating their dream fall wedding.  There was something about Kristin that I instantly liked.  Her vibrant personality came shining through on that first email and I could tell that she was the kind of bride that I love working with!  

As it would happen, Kristin sent her email on my first wedding anniversary.  She expressed that she and her groom-to-be were looking to have their reception at the exquisite River Cafe.  The River Cafe has a special place in my heart as it is where my now husband and I shared our first date.  Since that time I have thought about what a perfect venue the River Cafe would be to host a wedding reception.  Between Kristin's bubbly personality, contacting me on my wedding anniversary, and looking to host their reception at the River Cafe, I just knew that we were meant to work together.  When I met her and Shelby in person what I instinctively knew from our email conversations back and forth was confirmed.  We hit it off right away and the rest as they say is history.

Fast forward a year and Kristin and Shelby's wedding day has arrived!  This past Saturday saw a year of planning come together to create a unique and magical celebration that perfectly reflected their personalities and passions.  It was so much fun creating their rustic yet elegant design scheme with vintage touches incorporated to make the day uniquely them.  From the classic 1955 Rolls Royce that transported the bride and her father to the church in style, to their unconventional purple, yellow, orange, and brown colour scheme, to the live band belting out Michael Buble and Frank Sinatra classics, to their delicious feature cocktail "True Love," every element of their carefully crafted  wedding celebration stimulated the senses.  

Here's a sneak peak at a few images from their wedding day along with a slideshow from the immensely talented Kristi Sneddon.  




Congratulations Kristin and Shelby on the incredible inspired occasion that was your wedding!  It was such a joy working with you both over the past year.  Enjoy your honeymoon!

1 comment:

Mishka said...

Love it! Absolutely love the bouquet and the photos rocked! Can't wait to see the reception!